Bishkek, June 30 / Kabar /. Speaker of the Parliament Chynybai Tursunbekov, possibly, will run for president of the country, spokesman of the Speaker Mirlan Toktaliev told Kabar Agency.
He said that Tursunbekov said this today at the final press conference. However, he did not specify how Tursunbekov will be nominated.
Meanwhile, the Central Election Commission said that that they did not receive application of the Speaker.
Chynybai Tursunbekov is a member of the SDPK party. However, the political council of the party nominated Prime Minister Sooronbai Zheenbekov for the presidency. It is possible that Tursunbekov will go on as a self-nominated person.
According to official data of the Central Election Commission, 11 candidates submitted documents today:
- Nazarkul Nyshanov leader of the party "Pure Patriots of Kyrgyzstan" (self-nominated),
- Omurbek Tekebaev the leader of Ata Meken party (self-nominated),
- Arstanbek Abdyldaev, the director of LLC "Aurdin" (self-nominated),
- Bakyt Degenbaev, the chairman of the Association of domestic producers (self-nominated),
- Rita Karasartova, director of the Public Institute "Institute of Public Analysis" (self-nominated),
- Sainidin Sultanidinov, head of the Bishkek office of the Latvian firm "Maro" (Latvia) (self-nominated),
- Kamila Sharshekeeva provost (vice-rector) of the International University of Central Asia (self-nominated),
- ex-Ombudsman Tursunbai Bakir uulu (self-nominated),
- ex-Prime Minister Temir Sariev (nominated from Ak Shumkar party),
- Taalatbek Masadykov, the former director of UN political mission in Afghanistan (self-nominated),
- Bakyt Torobayev the leader of Onuguu-progress party, MP (nominated from his party).