Bishkek, Oct. 6, 2017 / Kabar /. Within the framework of the state visit of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic Almazbek Atambayev to Uzbekistan, a ceremony of signing the second package of joint Kyrgyz-Uzbek documents was held, the President’s press service reported.
Additional agreements were prepared for signing by the relevant state bodies of the two countries on the instructions of President Almazbek Atambayev and President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev following the results of the talks held yesterday in a narrow and enlarged formats.
Thus, on October 6, the following documents are signed in Tashkent:
- Memorandum of Understanding between the open joint-stock company "National Energy Holding Company" of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Uzbekbidroenergo joint-stock company on cooperation in the implementation of the Kambarata HPP-1 construction project;
- Agreement between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Uzbekistan on confidence-building measures in the area of the state border;
- Agreement between the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the interstate use of the Orto-Tokoy (Kasansay) reservoir in Ala-Buka region of Jalal-Abad oblast of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Protocol on the introduction of amendments and additions to the Agreement between the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the International Road Transport dated September 4, 1996;
- Agreement on delegating the responsibility for air traffic services between the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
It should be noted that on the first day of the state visit, 12 Kyrgyz-Uzbek intergovernmental and interdepartmental documents were signed, as well as the Declaration on Strategic Partnership, Building Trust, Good-Neighborliness between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In addition, within the framework of the visit, a contract was signed between the open joint-stock company "National Energy Holding Company" of the Kyrgyz Republic and the joint-stock company "Uzbekhydroenergo" of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the supply of electricity from the Kyrgyz Republic to the Republic of Uzbekistan.